July 27, 2013

I’ve had the fortune of having a few readings with Charles over the past year or so…and I think I’m finally ready to “out” myself as someone that uses a psychic medium to communicate with their animals both present and past!

I understand that there are many, many skeptics out there–including, until recently, my husband. But to that I say, with *every* reading I’ve had with Charles, he has brought forward *something* every time that nobody else could have known–or at the very least HE couldn’t have known. It’s kind of mind-blowing and goosebump-inducing at times, and utterly worth every penny.

Thanks, Charles! I’m sure we’ll talk again whenever something else (yet again) comes up with my furkids!

Tracey F.
Morgan Hill, CA
Original posting on Yelp

August 2, 2014

two weeks ago (7/14/14) our dog Musket ran away during the thunderstorm that shook the earth. He ran away out of fear. We had four agonizing days of incredible search teams from many people in our community. The unbelievable outpouring of support and prayers my family received during this crisis is beyond words. I cannot thank each and everyone enough. I truly cannot put our gratitude into words. Everyone was amazing.

On Friday, July 18, 2014, we had a conference calls with Charles “medium master” who confirmed his whereabouts. we spoke to on a conference call with my family. After 45 min speaking with charles he clearly directed us in the right direction indicating hes alive waiting for us. My Husband and I began to search deep into the wetlands where Charles indicated his whereabouts. we found him about a mile from our home. After 96 hours (4 days) of no food and water he was quite lethargic laying in the thick brush of the swamp. I ventured out to the Taconic State Parkway to flag down our children who knew our whereabouts from the gps cell phone tracker. The Briarcliff Manor Volunteer Fire Department responded out to our location and rescued us. He was placed on a rescue basket and carried out by our family of Fire Department members. We took him to Katonah Vet who had to do a procedure. We all home with him helping him mend. It’s all a miracle. Thank you all again and thank you Charles for reiterating his location.

Warm affection, Bill and Debbie Johnson
Briarcliff Manor, New York

July 27, 2014

I recently had to euthanize my boy and it was horrible for me. Now I have lost many cats throughout the year and while sad with their passing I felt it was the right thing to do and was not guilty about the choice..

My Napayshini was different I was so depressed, distraught, and felt unbelievable amount of guilt. I knew I needed to talk to someone It got that bad. But the one person I needed to talk to was not here, while I believe in mediums I sought out those who can speak to animals and I found Charles he was within my price range so I decided on it.

So July 26 2014 was my appointment. I can not even begin to put into words how much it helped me make peace with my choice, but I got a few surprises, My Dusty, Bo and My Autumn BabyGirl came through as well as my baby boy.. It seems that Nappy had cancer. I had no Idea. I had no money to treat him as he stopped eating, I forced him as much as I could to eat and did what I could with no money.. I pleaded with him to eat on his own and I finally had no choice put to have him euthanized.. I am glad he is not mad at my choice and forgives me..

Charles surely has a gift I am grateful to the universe for opening this door for me.

He is an amazing human and I will recommend him to anyone wanting to connect with their furbabies.

My next appointment is to try to connect with some of my human friends who have crossed over.

Thank you so much Charles, you were able to help me to move on and forgive myself I know my kids watch me and are with me.. I am sorry I made you go over your time a bit..

Dawn McGroarty
Pittston, PA


July 9, 2014

I spoke with Charles Peden regarding my cat, Timber, who has been missing since June 20, 2014. During the first contact, he could not make contact with Timber, but another cat of mine, named Nickolai. He knew details that only immediate family would know. I was given an area to try to find Timber. I looked every day, but could not find my cat. I had a followup reading with Charles Peden in which he made contact with Timber. It was bittersweet, but I did have some closure. Timber was attacked by a fox. He was bit once and died almost instantly. While this was difficult to hear, I needed to know what happened. Unfortunately, due to my rural location, I will probably never find his body. Charles knew details about Timber that only immediate family would know. I think he is truly gifted and would recommend him to anyone who is at their wits end regarding their missing pet. I truly could not sleep when Timber went missing and spent most of my time searching for him. While I was hoping Charles was wrong, knowing what happened and knowing that Timber is at peace provided me much comfort. Again, I thank Charles for the closure and peace I so desparately needed.

Barbara Sergeant
Owego, New York

June 28, 2014

I have had several positive experiences with Charles locating missing animals and connecting with deceased dogs. I was once a skeptic but I am here to tell you that after the first reading several years ago, I FIRMLY believe in his abilities. If you are reading this and trying to determine if it is real, worth the money, or if you should consider it, the answer is YES, YES, YES. Charles has a unique ability to communicate and I am personally so thankful for all the readings he has done and the lost dogs he has led us to. Charles, you are amazing.

Patrice Shearin
Anderson, South Carolina

June 10, 2014

June 4th I had my third reading with Charles. Was seeking my baby Angel (who successfully came through on my previous readings). Prayed prior to my reading to all those I love in the spirit world, and let them know I’d be happy to hear from them. On my previous appointments admit focusing was confusing and difficult, and later confirmed I had missed messages. A cocker spaniel (Prince) from my past has tried twice before, and was happy to acknowledge his re-appearance. He was determined!

Last week my mom and two of my Golden Retrievers decided to take their opportunity. Was in California for three weeks when apparently my baby Maverick became ill (he had surgery that year for cancer). One week after I returned, got a call at work that Maverick was dead. His illness had been missed by my husband who cared for them while I was gone. When I returned I assumed he was depressed by my absence…dogs hide so much from us…always giving with no expectations.

Charles described a picture of Maverick on a “raised platform with his head turned”, I immediately began searching. Though disappointed not to connect with my Angel, felt comfort in connecting with Prince , Maverick, Marina (another Golden) and my mom. I strongly suggest you take an hour, the time goes by so fast. You won’t be disappointed. Will be calling again soon. Thank you Charles!

Patti Chait
Taylor, Texas

June 9, 2014

My cat went missing on a Monday.I contacted Charles on a Wednesday and he returned my call on Thursday to contact my cat.I wouldn’t have found him if he wouldn’t have given me the right location to look in.it took a few minutes to contact PJ to tell us where he was at.but I didn’t get discouraged Charles actually talk to another one of my cat that had died a few years earlier. Charles told me what color my cat was and told me the right places to look in thanks to him I have my PJ back. I would recommend giving Charles a try for all your needs I will be contacting him again to talk to a few of my deceased animals especially since one has already come forward.


March 31, 2014

I called Charles when my rabbit died and it appeared he was tormenting my terrier as usual but this time he was killed. I didn’t tell Charles I had 3 rabbits named Romeo which were all deceased. I asked him about my rabbit Romeo and he told me he had 3 Romeos appear, and described them to me.

I was very careful to not give him information on them yet he described them to me. This confirmed to me he is the “real deal”.

When I am tormented by the loss of a pet I tend to go into such agony and sorrow I throw my energies to many who are complete flakes and opportunists. Charles is not one of them and he truly sees the animals.

Oh another woman told me my deceased dog was reincarnated. So I called Charles to confirm. Charles told me my dog was in a mahogany dresser in my bedroom. Wow, that is where I kept his ashes. My little dog had not reincarnated but still was with me in spirit. Confirmation. For $35.00 that is a deal.

Margaret Napier

March 19, 2014

If you have an aging dog like we did, and have lovingly taken special care of him/her, it can be extremely difficult to know when the time has come to say good-bye.Charles was able to definitely confirm that our “pup” was himself,choosing to ask us for help in being put down. Now a still difficult task was made alot easier by knowing that we were actually doing something our pet wanted. It was not done without tears, but there was no guilt. His service was invaluable that day!

Heidi Thibault
Sonora, California

May 21, 2013

Charles helped me find my beloved lost cat, Thomas. Thomas had given us a scare when he jumped off of our apartment balcony and ran off into the night. Thomas had always been an indoor apartment cat so I was pretty terrified of what would happen to him out there on his own. After posting signs and combing the surrounding areas, we could not find him. A neighbor had seen him a couple of times at a dumpster behind the building and he had darted away each time. I decided to look into speaking with Charles after searching the internet and seeing the testimonials of others who he had helped. He was able to make contact with Thomas and tell me the vicinity of where Thomas was, asking if there was a man made lake or water nearby describing the town homes close by. He also asked Thomas to let himself be found and to let people see him so he could go home. That night, my husband and I came home and as we walked into our apartment lobby, saw the neighbor who had spotted him by the dumpster holding him in her arms! She said this time she was able to approach him and when she walked up to him asked, “Are you Thomas?” to which he replied with a big meow. We are so thankful and grateful to have Thomas home. Also, in a follow up phone call with Charles about Thomas, he suddenly stopped and asked if a song he was hearing meant anything to me. It was a song I had played as a teenager in marching band around the time our family dog had passed. He described her and let me know she just wanted to say hello. This was quite a surprise! I’m in awe over both experiences.

Jacqueline Q.

Feb 19th 2012


I had an amazing evening and two amazing readings with Charles last night at the Black Chasm Cavern. I would like to participate with the e-mail service. Thank you so much. Communicating with my father after 30 years meant so much to me especially with the emotion that was clearly conveyed that I knew was from my father for me.

I so appreciate the gift you gave me.

Laura Nasatir, MD

From an email titled “OMG We found him!!!” dated February, 19th 2012.

Charles, we found him! On 8th street, off of Broadway and Rosemont!

Chewey resting after his adventures.

Chewey resting after his adventures.

After I last emailed you Tessa and I took showers, ate and basically regrouped. We googled “Sand and Gravel Tucson” and found a roofer on the map on 8th, about 2 miles from where we live. There is a Macaroni Grill on the corner of Broadway and Rosemont. Not far for a dogs nose! He was camped out beside the roofers house near a hose with a slow drip. He could have probably stayed there for a while unseen. He was safe with a water source and some cover form the elements. Hence, the lack of urgency. His feet are raw from travel on gravel but he is basically ok and SO happy to be home.

Basically, we drove right to him and picked him up. That moment of Tessa exclaiming, “There he is!” will go down as a defining moment in my life. It was like a dream. Crazy! I actually dreamt of finding him 3 times the first night he was gone but kept realizing it was a dream after finding him. But now here he is!

You nailed it dude. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We love you!

Larry and Tessa
Tucson, Arizona

January 17th, 2012

Hello Charles,

Carly returned just in time to celebrate my birthday with me last week. 🙂Carly-300x225

One of the key elements in the reading was geese being fattened up for slaughter. You directed me to Slaughterville Road, and a church with a white steeple on that road. I left flyers there and planted a poster at the nearest stop sign. I drove down a hwy in the area that I’d never driven before. I felt very lost and unsure if I was headed in a helpful direction. Its importance didn’t register with me at the time, but I passed a tire shop – a place that uses an air gun/impact wrench type tool that makes noise like what Carly described to you that she could hear. Though I felt I was far away from the right search point, I planted a poster at that intersection. Later I discovered that tire shop was in close proximity to where Carly was ultimately found, only I had approached it from the opposite direction.

The next day I got a call from a woman, Teresa, who had sighted Carly. She saw one of my posters and called to say Carly had been at her house two nights prior. Her son wanted to keep her, but her husband said no, she belongs to someone, let her go back to her home. They never realized of course just how far from home she actually was. Well, the woman and her family live in Slaughterville! I knew we were on to something, so I rushed out there to put more posters in that vicinity. As I was hanging posters, Teresa drove past and introduced herself. She had more news – Carly had been at a neighbor’s house the night before, eating from an automatic feeder! Now we have a sighting only 14 hours earlier.

Later that evening, Teresa called to say she had Carly in her car! She had driven further east of where Carly was last seen, and found her walking down the street. This was at least 1.5 miles from Teresa’s house.

When I arrived at Teresa’s house to get Carly, I noticed the house had dark, muted green shutters – the dark green trim you saw in the reading. Also notable is that they are building an addition on the house – another possible source of the air gun sound – a nail gun?

Your intuitive input along with old fashioned footwork and good-hearted people combined to bring my girl home!

Thank you so much for your invaluable help.

Brenda, NC

I contacted Charles on Sunday, September 18, 2011, after our cat Silky had been missing more than 35 days. We weren’t sure if she was still alive, and had all but given up hope of seeing her again. Charles’ first impressions were that our cat was still alive, and he saw box-type trucks nearby.

I asked Charles if he could connect with my other beloved cat, Pollyanna, whom had died on August 13, 2011 and ask her about Silky. Charles instantly picked up Pollyanna’s energy. Pollyanna informed him that Silky was alive and seemed to be moving to and fro in a confined area. I told Charles that a canal runs behind my house and it continues right behind a U-Haul truck business. Charles felt Silky was near that business.

Indeed she was! Trapped in the canal, unable to escape over the 20 foot tall cement walls on both sides. We placed a trap in the canal, and after 38 days and a strong will to live, we got our Silky back. Thanks to Charles’ God-given abilities to connect to all animals living or passed on, we now have our Silky back home.

Our family highly recommends Charles for any needs you may have regarding animals. He is a kind and compassionate gentleman.

Mr. and Mrs Peck, Concord, CA

Dear Charles,

I just wanted to tell you how deeply moved I was during my session with you yesterday. (4/12/2011)

I was so focused on my desire to receive information about my living dog, Bo, that I never dreamed I would receive a message from my most beloved Minnie. What an incredible gift that was.

Your amazing accuracy in describing her looks and personality took my breath away and I’m so glad that I followed through on my gut feeling that I must schedule a reading with you.

The information that you gave me about Bo was not only “right on the money” but supported my own theory of his former life and age and gave me peace of mind.

I was completely at ease with your warmth, honesty and integrity and, with a house full of dogs, will definitely be contacting you again. The service you provide is invaluable and I’ll be recommending you to anyone who will listen!

Thank you again,
Christy Johnson

Since your workshop on Sunday (1-30-2011) I have noticed communication with my own animals more. Just like a light switch was turned on. A cat that I had given to a new family 3 years ago suddenly had her owner send me pictures of her, this after my thinking about her all last week. Also my cat that I asked a question to answered me with a very positive response and leapt on to my lap with joy and wide eyes at the idea I presented her.

At the workshop I knew the species, color, hair coat and color of my partners pet even before we were asked to do so. She was just as amazed as I was.

Thanks again, this is fun!

Kathy Morlang
Bali Hai Bengals

We had a phone session back in December (2010). I doubt you will remember me. I’ve spoken with you a few times, but I know you talk to so many people.

I called to try to connect with my littly kitty that I had to put down, however, there were others that wanted to be heard. My sister is very ill. Family came through loud and clear. There is much peace in knowing there are those waiting to help her cross over. I passed our session along to her and she was able to validate that which I could not.

I just wanted to let you know you have brought me some peace as well as my sister through our session. We will talk again.

Thank you.

I want to thank Charles for helping me find Sawyer, our Great Pyrenees, when he was lost on Christmas. (2010)

I realized Sawyer was gone Christmas Eve night when I returned home. Living in a less populated area, I was afraid I’d never find him among all of the woods and land. A friend of a friend suggested I try Charles.

After talking with Charles, he instructed me to stay focused on one particular road, Walker Rd. He stated this road would be significant in finding Sawyer and to make sure I searched there, talked to people and posted fliers of our missing Sawyer.

I did as instructed. One of the gentleman to whom I gave a flier on that road is who found Sawyer. I talked to him ON Walker Rd as he headed out to work, and he lived right off of Walker Rd on a connecting small street. Had I not focused on that area that morning, I’d of never come across these people or handed him a flier, begging for help. Truth is, I’d of not focused on that area if Charles hadn’t of encouraged it b/c it was off the beaten path a bit.

Sawyer is now relaxing and has eaten lots of food. I am incredibly relieved to have him back home. It’s a horrific feeling to know they are lost out there.

Thank you, Charles, so much for your help and your patience. I truly appreciate you taking the time out during your hectic few days to help me reunite with my sweet Pyr.


by Barb Cantrell

I fostered Nellie for a few months, searched high and low for a great home for her, as you all know. I pestered Heeler Groups on Facebook and online to find a home for her. I harrased people I knew in animal rescue to help… me until finally one website proved fruitful and I got a call from a wonderful family in Wyoming. They were cattle ranchers and really nice people with a family of 6 children and other cattle dogs for Nellie to play with. After numerous emails and phone calls a transport became available for Nellie and I met them in Gurnee, weeping, kissed Nellie goodbye and sent her on her way. Nellie enjoyed the transport with the two wonderful women who loved her and treated her as their own. But when Nellie got to the cattle ranch she jumped the fence the next day. This was on 10/29/10. The new owners informed me through an email. I sobbed with my head in my hands…how could I find her out there when I’m in northern Illinois???!!?!?!?!

Nellie had disappeared. The new owners were convinced she would come home when she got hungry and I pictured her lost in the wilderness being chased by coyotes and snakes. I bawled my eyes out every day and prayed. I contacted three Wyoming newspapers in the area and paid to have lost and found ads put in their classified ads offering a reward for her safe return. I contacted Town Halls and Animal Shelters. I emailed her pictures and gave descriptions to numerous helpful people in the area. I contacted a friend who suggested I try an animal psychic, Charles Peden, who had helped them find two lost dogs in the past. I talked to Charles and he gave me some leads. I then called the family and told them what Charles said. They sounded open to it but I wasn’t sure how hard they were looking for her. Finally on Monday 11/1/10 I decided to go out there and look for her myself.

With a bag packed, my car on “full” and my own animals cared for I took off the next morning at 3:30am. I travelled through Wisconsin, Michigan then into South Dakota when I received a call from the owners. They had found Nellie, and when they didn’t come back to her the previous day, asked one of her transporters to help find her and Nellie came to her. They caught her!!! She was safe and in their home!!! I was ecstatic! Then I was asked if someone else could have Nellie. “NO!” I said rather rudely. There was silence on the other end of the phone…I felt panic. Didn’t they know how I grieved for her, panicked for her, prayed for her?!?! I tried to tell them that and it occurred to me that I wasn’t the only one grieving and panicing and praying. They loved her too and I was so grateful they caught her. But I was afraid she would run again. She had to come home with me – the home she’s known for so long.

Charles Peden, the animal psychic, said the following: She would be found near a group of small Christmas trees in a row, like a tree farm. In this terrain there weren’t many areas like that, but one of the adopters remembered an area. When she went there guess what she found? NELLIE! Charles also said that she wanted to be back with me, didn’t dislike her new adopters at all but just wanted to go back home. I felt horrible I’d given her away but I really thought I was doing right by her. Right family, wrong dog. Easy to fix now that they had her. I want to thank Charles Peden for his insight. There is so much vast land out there in Wyoming and his input was the difference in finding Nellie. I would recommend him to anybody looking for a lost dog.

I finally arrived at the house at 9:00ish my time (they’re an hour behind) and when Nellie and I met she did a double take. She went crazy…both of us crying, she jumping on me with her tail going in circles. She clawed my neck like she was digging in. We sat on the couch and she jumped up beside me and practically bent me over back over the couch. She eventually curled up next to me with her little nose on my leg and let me talk with the adopters. I am so grateful they let me take her back. I’m so grateful they caught her and took such good care of her until I could get there. I had been driving for 18 hours straight and I was ready to go to the hotel in Greybull with Nellie.

Nellie and I slept all that night and the next day cuddled up to each other. She came with me when I went out for food and we took walks down the main drag in Greybull. She was getting back to being her old self and we played with the stuffed toys. Finally on the morning of 10/4 we took off for home. We left after sun up since I didn’t want to drive through that mountain in the dark. We drove through beautiful country for 9 hours then got a room at the Days Inn in Mitchell South Dakota. Nellie is an excellent traveller by the way. She didn’t try to get away from me and she didn’t potty in the car or hotels once. The next day we travelled another 9 hours and finally made it home. Nellie was so excited to see the other dogs. She was excited from the front yard smells and bolted up the front steps with me in tow.

The dogs were happy to see her and there was lots of sniffing going on. Nellie likes playing in the yard the best. They all seem to find room on the bed at night and she’s acting like she never left. The thought of her sleeping alone out there in the Wyoming wilderness still makes me start to cry, but she never has to worry about being alone again because she’s mine now. She’s going to get microchipped in a week or so, and even though her name tag is missing, she will get a prettier, more permanent one in a few days. She’s home!

Dear Charles,

My equine friends and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for using your amazing communication skills to help us this past summer. So many positive changes have taken place as a result of the conversations you had with all of us, I’m not sure where to start!

One of my horses had been suffering for more than 7 years (despite treatment from many excellent veterinarians throughout the state) with a skin disorder which was diagnosed to have an auto-immune component. He was on high doses of strong medication, and during “flare-ups” was in so much pain, it broke my heart. I had tried several times to get him off of the medication due to the negative side affects, but had been unsuccessful. Using the information gathered from your conversation with my horse, I started a different way of treating him, and I have been able to gradually reduce his medication to almost nothing.

Another one of my horses, a mare, has had a hormonal imbalance which was completely unmanageable. Over the years, many attempts have been made to treat her condition using both traditional and alternative medicine. During your conversation with her, it became apparent that there was a huge emotional component to her situation. In the weeks and months following, I was astonished to watch as she experienced what appeared to be completely normal cycles without the usual drama and “out-of-control” physical symptoms I had been witness to for so many years. I firmly believe that her conversation with you was therapeutic and that she was able to release much of the emotional “charge” when she talked to you about the issue.

Your accuracy with information that you could not have known without talking to my horses was astounding. The entire experience has brought my animal friends and me much closer together, and we are most grateful.

Thank you so very much!!

Thanks again Charles,

Yesterdays session July, 27th 2010 was verry good. I am so happy to have found you and your ability … you helped me tremendously with communicating with my passed dog and passed nephew, as well as another furry friend. 🙂 I will be forever grateful to you … anyone who has come across this web site and Charles who are kinda skeptical, I urge you to give him a chance … he will most definitely give you closure and confirmation from the other side and that it’s so verry real … thanks again Charles Peden …

Sincerely Johnny, CA

Hi, Charles,
I wanted to thank you again for talking with me and Dani yesterday afternoon (July 16th 2010) and to give you an update.

So, I felt relieved after we spoke, and we had an action plan in place. I had several things to do in the afternoon, and we spent the next few hours running errands. We came home to relax and make a game plan and decided that I would get up in the morning and put up fliers on Adeline and then at night, we’d put fliers in mailboxes along that corridor.

I got ready for bed early and was just about to brush my teeth and go to bed at around 9:00, when I noticed that four of the six cats in the house were sitting attentively at the screen door. I thought that the neighborhood cat we call “Monobrow” (after Maggie’s nemesis on The Simpsons) was at the door. I went over to see if I could see him or chase him off, and there on the porch was Crindy.

I went out and she came willingly. I picked her up and came inside and fell to the ground weeping and holding her. She was skinnier and she had a mass on her belly. (I took her to the vet this morning and they are doing surgery this afternoon; they think it’s an abcess, and it should be a minor surgery.) She was in high spirits and does not have a fever or seem to be uncomfortable at all. She ate a lot of food and drank a lot of water last night. She really wanted affection, and she came to bed with us and snuggled most of the night. I spent the first hour or so I should’ve been sleeping petting her and cuddling with her.

It is a total miracle. Dani said, and I agree, that the key was talking to you yesterday. She said that maybe it was you looking at the map that helped her to understand how to get to our house from wherever she was being kept.

Thank you thank you thank you for helping our kitty to come home to us!


Hello Charles,
Just wanted to say thank you again. I was really moved by our session, (Dec. 3rd 2009) I told my mother about Opa (grandfather in German). She said, “that doesn’t surprise me, you always had a connection with Opa”. She was really touched and moved. I told her that I would like to do a reading with you in the future to talk to Opa and if we can my father too. She agrees that would be wonderful. I’m telling you this because my mother would tell you herself that a month ago she was the biggest skeptic with this sort of thing. She did believe in pyschic ability because of Oma (grandmother) had a lot of pyschic dreams, but not in communicating with animals and spirits. She thinks God is helping me through you and your special gifts. I know you have helped a lot of people.

By the way, I drove by the plastic yellow playground. I usually talk to Fritz when I put Nicole to bed. On three different occasions I did it in that park and I purposely looked up at that playground to see if Fritz sees it and confirms he hears me. Amazing!!! When you first said yellow I was trying to think if Nicole has a yellow toy, then of course you said plastic playground. The headband caught me off guard. I was talking to Fritz on Sunday evening in my garage where I leave him food. I walked in from garage to my kitchen. I saw picture of Nicole with her 80s ballerina outfit on and I really focused on headband because it was funny and looked so precious with her little curls hanging over it.

Good luck with everything.

Thank you,

Sunday, December 14th 2009

Hi Charles,
First of all, the reading I had with you this morning was amazing and exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your gift. I really feel that you have opened my eyes to things in my life that I have been pessimistic about. I am amazed by the details you gave me. I have to admit that I had a reading with a more well known psychic about a year ago, I was put on a waiting list for 8 months and paid $350 for what was supposed to be a 30 minute reading, but only turned out to be 20 minutes. I am so happy to have found someone as talented and accessible as you.

So, now to the information I have received since my reading with you. After I got off the phone with you I called my mother who was with my grandmother at the time. I told her about the Charlie Chaplin conversation we had and my grandmother says, “Oh, I dont’ know if I’ve ever told you this, but I dated one of Charlie Chaplin’s son’s when I was a teenager.” My grandmother grew up in L.A. and often ran around with celebrities. She is also the grandmother I was telling you about who would moor their boat in Charlie Chaplin’s mooring in Catalina Island. I couldn’t believe it! I am really going to try to connect with him as you suggested so that he may help me with my writing. I will keep in touch and let you know how things go.

Best Regards,

I really want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today (Saturday, September 6th 2009). I appreciate all that you did to help me find my dear sweet Foxy. It sure did mean alot to me that you took the time to contact me on a week-end.

Your information proved to be very accurate, and I was able to find her. Unfortunately, I did not find her alive, but was thankful that I did in fact find her, and now have some closure. I’m not sure if you knew she had passed on, but I’m just happy to have here back. You truly have a gift, and I appreciate you sharing it with me. I have attached a picture of my Foxy lady so you can see her. Thanks again, I will be forever grateful to you.

Colleen Crossan
Anderson, SC

Hello Charles,

First I would like to thank you again for speaking with me yesterday, (03/11/08) about my hairless rat Lucy after she had suffered a severe attack by one of my other special needs rats named Dodger. I want to let you know how correct you were and also how meaningful your words were to me.

You told me that my hairless rat would prefer the name “Lucy” to “Maggie” so as soon as I arrived home last night, I called “Lucy” and she emerged from her hammock and enthusiastically responded as if I had been calling her Lucy her entire life. It was also ironic that when I had previously been searching through a list of names, “Lucy” stood out the most but I did not choose that name since I had already had a rat named Lucy a few years ago. Even more ironic is that tonight as I held Lucy, I noticed how closely her facial expressions resembled my previous Lucy.

As you may recall, you suggested that Lucy’s neck (more so on the right) and her lung area were both injured. At the time we spoke, I confirmed that her neck was indeed swollen and the bite/scratch marks were on the right side of her face/neck area but that I hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary with her lung area. When I arrived home last night, to my horror I found her lung/chest area very swollen. You had said that you were not picking up any injury to her underbelly and that remains correct.

You were picking up injuries to her left flank and you are correct that there are bite marks on her left rear flank and not her right. You asked about her right rear foot. Both her right and left feet do have scratches. You did not mention her front feet and when I arrived home I confirmed that there were no injuries to her front feet.

You were picking up an injury along her spine area and I knew there were bite marks on the left side of her spine but I did not see anything definitive directly along her spine. However, when I was driving Lucy to the vet this morning and was stopped at a stop light, the sun shone on her giving me a perfect view of a faint but definite scar running right along her spine and I am assuming this old injury is what you were picking up. I suspect that this injury was sustained either while she was at the humane society or prior to that when the previous guardian had her.

Even before I returned home last night and discovered her swollen chest area, I was worried but since you had told me that you did not believe her injuries were life threatening, it gave me hope. My vet gave me medications for Lucy today and between your positive outlook for Lucy and my vet’s positive prognosis for her, I am confident that Lucy will indeed recover.

Most gratefully yours,

Debra Mendelsohn
Marin County, California
Animal Care & Adoption Network 501(c)(3) nonprofit / Bay Area Rats Rescue

I just wanted to tell you how amazed my daughter and I were with the group session and the private readings last night. Communicating with my husband who passed away almost 23 years ago was so special to me. Since my husband passed before our son was born; our son has always had a void in his life. I loved being able to tell my son that his dad spends time with him now even though they were unable to meet on this plane.

We were also amazed when you asked about my granddaughter by name. That made us gasp.

I was just looking over your website and came across the orb pictures. It reminded me that a few weeks after my husband died, I awoke at 11:00pm to see a glowing orb floating near the foot of my bed. As it started to move closer to me, I became scared and turned into the pillow. When I turned back, it was gone and I have never seen it again. I have always felt so guilty for turning away. I think I will take some pictures around my house to see if I can catch one in a photograph.

Well, thank you again.

Lori House
Benicia ~ CA

I heard you on “Sarah and No Name” this morning and think you are just amazing. I’ve never been a believer in psychics and have never, EVER done a psychic reading, but your authenticity is really incredible and palpable, even over the radio.

A listener
San Francisco ~ CA

Dear Charles,
Not being either a believer or nonbeliever, I went to see you today, in response to some sudden changes in my life. Your accuracy and friendliness both comforted and amazed me. You knew so much about both the living & nonliving, the animal & human folk in my life, and the most personal aspects of them, that I returned with more questions the same day! I noted, how some of my questions remained unanswered, and I got a feeling the information was none of my business. You handled my grief over a broken relationship sensitively. Even my own health issues, about which you could have known nothing, you were able to speak to cogently. Amazing. Truly.

Thank you, for contacting my friend who was murdered last summer. It was such a shock to our “gaggle” of close friends. We visited him in ICU before he died, and I had so much to say; you assured me that he knew what I’d told him. When you got tears, saying they were his, because of his joy at the contact, and that he looked forward to our eventual reunion, I experienced a warm, healing relief. The details you were able to give me, about which you said he laughed, amused and encouraged me – you even knew his profession and avocations, without my input! You still do not know the details of two of the inside jokes – in fact, you could not have know they were inside jokes – but you laughed sincerely, and said he was doing the laughing. I’m glad he is still amused.

Thank you, also, for the rest of the hour you spent talking to me, and being patient with my emotionality. At one point, I felt a little self-centered and rude, but you were patient, given my grief. You’ve experienced so many wonderful things through this gift. I read your testimonials, and it sounds like your wife is a gem, too. Not all of the gift is sweetness and light, it seems; it is a serious responsibility. From my personal questions, to your examples and your messages from the whales that swam up the Sacramento River, you have taken on the mantle of this responsibility bravely. In my gratitude, I also admire your – and your wife’s! – strength.

Most sincerely,
Maggie Scott
Benicia ~ CA

Thank you for the reading on Thursday. My friend and I came in just after noon. I went home and called my Mom and Aunt and told them about the red car reference from my cousin. They both had several ideas (one being that I drive a red Mustang) but nothing concrete. You had said that it was bigger than a Matchbox car, perhaps a model car. This morning my Aunt called to tell me about a red toy car, about 6 inches in length that my Great Grandma had and all the kids played with including my cousin. This meant a lot to our family. My cousin committed suicide 11 years ago.

I was also very impressed that you were able to bring my favorite cat through. This cat meant a lot to me. I got him after my divorce. He was the only animal that I acquired without having to consult anyone else. He was mine. You were immediately right on with the details. Siamese, head injury, seemed intentional (wasn’t). I know in my heart that it was an accident but still very difficult to think about. I miss him. Thank you for this and I will be bringing my Mom in to meet you next month for a reading.


In June of 2006 my father was diagnosed with leukemia and died three days later. None of us had time to say goodbye. I knew Charles Peden for about a year before he called to tell me about the rare gift he received in January of 2006. For many, Charles’s explanations of communicating with the dead may have been hard to believe. But my father had been studying life after death experiences since the 1970s so I was familiar with the many experiences others had shared. I’d never considered using a psychic before but it was time to give it a try. When I first called Charles my father had passed but it had not been very long. So Charles put out the word I was interested in communicating with my father and in August he came through.

I was on a 2-hour drive alone when my cell phone rang, I could have sworn that I had turned it off, and it was Charles who said, “Richard I have your Dad with me and he’s ready to talk with you.” Being somewhat new at this I decided to ask three “control” questions to see just how convinced I could become of this presumed link from beyond. A month prior to my father’s passing we went on a trip down to one of the barrier islands of Virginia. It was something he had always commented that he wanted to do when we drove past them for the last 30 years. My first question to Charles was what strange thing did my father see when we got out of the car. After a short pause Charles said, “I’m getting a crab. But it is some strange crab and there are lots of them. I think they are fighting since I’m seeing a claw.” In real life my father called me over and said look at these crabs doing their calisthenics. There were hundreds of small fiddler crabs raising their large claw in unison as a mating ritual. I’m certain this was something no one else knew since it was a quirky little thing we never spoke of again. Next were two more control questions about the trip and Charles (with Dad’s help) nailed them really well.

He said the goal for this visit was to help my mother release some of the guilt and start the mourning process. He felt badly that he had lost their wedding band 50 years ago and my father wanted me to get a wedding band and give it to my mother since their anniversary was coming up that week. When I asked Charles to describe how my father lost his wedding band (back in the 1950s) it came through with more detail than even I knew about. Later when I gave my mother the band she confirmed everything Charles said, “He lost it while throwing the football in the surf in Ocean City.”

Later I asked him (them) for advice on a new business venture my wife and I were in the middle of since it involved a major investment in a property downtown. Charles began laughing and saying that your father must have liked trains. He did have a Christmas train set but birding and gardening were his passions so I just took it as a signal that we did need to move the business out of the house. About two weeks later the business property we were looking at had some issues and we immediately found another one that was absolutely perfect. It was about 30 yards from an old railroad track.

There is no doubt that Charles is a very gifted medium and his talents have continued to develop. He has a sincere desire to help people and can communicate beyond the borders most of us see as everyday reality. I?m saddened by the people that don’t believe since they will be in for quite a shock when their time comes. As my father said just months before he passed, “This will be the millennium of the awakening.” In other words, he predicts that what many see as everyday life will be expanded way beyond what we see as reality. The only barriers are the willingness to learn and the limits of responsibility we must exercise so this knowledge is not used in a self-destructive manner.

Best wishes,
Richard LaMotte

I haven’t written a letter of this sort before, but then I haven’t experienced anything like talking with Charles Peden before. My telephone conversation with Charles was nothing short of amazing. He put me in touch with my father, who “passed over” 12 years ago.

The things Charles shared would have been impossible to stage. It was so moving that I asked him to spend time on the phone with my mother (89 years old) so she could experience the same connection with Dad, and their conversation was even more poignant.

Personal, private matters — like the fact that my father never actually proposed formally to my Mom — came up (Dad said he was sorry he didn’t do that the right way). He described the formal she wore the first time they went dancing. Charles even got a sense of a ripping or tearing sensation in Dad’s legs which zeroed in on a surgery he had — a vein stripping. Suffice it to say, I am convinced he has a profound gift.

Kind regards,
Christy C. – Portland, Oregon

To Whom It May Concern:

Charles Peden and I met approximately after I had spoken with his beautiful wife about a belief we shared in the existence of dimensional beings. Charles was said to be communicating with energies that had transcended the “Dimension of Humankind”, or in short, spirits. To my knowledge, Charles was born with these remarkable abilities that were suppressed as a child and then triggered by a later life event.

I will not bore you with why I believed this possible but this same day Charles and I shared some digital photographs. In an instant we knew that these photos were not of dust particles, moisture or errant lighting. I had indeed seen this type of apparition close up and personal without the aid of a camera or other artificial means. I listened intently as Charles described in detail the spirits that he communicated with that were traveling disguised as orbs.

This was the beginning of the walk we have made together on our similar paths for approximately one year. We have grown much on this journey and Charles never ceases to amaze me with his ever broadening talent. He has worked on a weekly basis in the store as a medium for many who have needed a final good bye or one last, ?I love you?. To some this may not be the final definition of mediumship, but for others it has meant the world. Charles continues to cultivate his talents and recently has developed the ability to speak telepathically with pets, dead and alive.

He is clairsentient, clairvoyant, clairaudient and conjures smells from the other side that aide him in delivering very special messages. Clairsentients can sense energy and spirit and by this knows what a spirit needs to convey. Clairvoyants are of course psychics who have the ability to see images or messages in their mind’s eye of the future, the past and spirit. Clairaudients hear the information from spirit and relay it as deciphered messages. Charles can be described as all rolled into one and is a skillful medium when making sense of these events or situations in some lives that otherwise may be difficult to interpret.

Ron Cordes
A FaeryTale
501 First Street
Benicia, Ca 94510

To Whom It May Concern:

Charles is a very professional medium that was able to confirm a crime that had happened to someone very close in my family. He described the place that it happened, the victims and the person who committed the murder to the last detail. I would gladly refer him to any criminal investigator that needs help from a different perspective.

-Wendi Glaser
Benicia, CA

To whom it may concern,

For my entire adult life, I held the position that there was “no such thing” as ghosts. I simply had no room in my reality for “the other side.” Until my son Charles Peden started talking with spirits, that is. Now I am a firm believer. I am in awe of Charles’s ability to communicate with spirits–whether earth-bound, crossed-over, or heavenly–including the spirits of animals both living and passed on.

When Charles first told me a little over a year ago (January 2006) that he was talking with a ghost, I quite frankly didn’t know what to think. I did my best to stay open-minded, and the more he talked about it, his and his wife’s conviction–coupled with the wealth of details he spoke of–made me realize there had to be something to it. Accepting that it was “real” took on a completely new dimension, however, when he told me on the phone one day that my mom–who died about 15 years ago–was with him, and wanted to talk to me!

I didn’t know then that it was customary to ask a spirit “test” questions that only you and they would know the answer to, but my mother brought up a couple of things from my childhood that I’m certain Charles could not have known about: the violets that I dug up in the woods and planted in her garden, and my dad’s fondness for the breakfast cereal Rice Krispies. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that this was my mom communicating with me through my son. It was an incredible and very emotional experience.

Thanks to my son, my formerly troubled relationship with my mother has been healed, which has helped me in many ways. One of the most wonderful aspects of Charles’s awakening of psychic powers is his commitment to using them to help people–both those still living, and those no longer in body–in whatever way he can.

It still amazes me that Charles can take an object such as a ring, and tell the history of the people involved with it. Or assist a spirit who is caught between worlds to cross over to the other side. Or have a 2-sided conversation with an animal. But he can do all that, and more, and it appears, as time goes on, that his abilities keep getting stronger and broader in scope.

I am very proud of my son and his desire to utilize his psychic mediumship in service to those in need. Anyone who is skeptical should have a “reading”–I would be very surprised if it did not make a believer out of them, too!

In all sincerity,

Lalita Karst

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jonathan Ortiz. I am your everyday, ordinary, small town resident. I own a small retail store, work there nearly every weekday, enjoying barbeques and family on the weekends. I like to think that I am pretty well prepared for whatever might happen. I don?t indulge much in extraordinary activities or ?believe? in things that I can not explain- to be quite honest, in a word, one might describe me as pretty boring. However, my reason for writing is to briefly share my experience with Charles Peden and express my sincere support and/or belief in his abilities.

I have long considered myself to be a skeptic of the supernatural. Then, in October of 2006, I hired Charles to provide his services to my customers during that month?s special event. I had met him through his wife who had already been a customer of mine and happened to mention him in one of our conversations during one of her prior visits. In any event, Charles came and provided a connection for several of my clients to many of their past loved ones. His link to these individuals is something which I can not understand and, honestly wasn?t expecting. Yet, it definitely was there. Charles provided details about each individual (spirit) that only one who either knew them in life or was actually communing with them then could have known. He was able to answer questions and present information that was previously known only to the families of the deceased. Both my clients that night and myself left feeling inspired, awed and excited by the time that we had shared with previously ?lost? loved ones- which was only possible through Charles and his miraculous gift.

There are many times that we encounter things in life which we can not understand or begin to explain. However to experience such things in spite of our up to then understandings, is to become a believer yourself. I am still an ordinary man, and still live an ordinary life; yet, having experienced the extra-ordinary (through Charles Peden) I now consider myself a believer in even those things that I still do not understand.

P. Jonathan Ortiz

To whom it may concern,

It all began quite innocently. For my entire life I have lived in a Chicago suburb and just blocks from Lake Michigan. For as long as I can remember I loved going to the beach and collecting beach glass. When I was little it was something to do that was both fun and relaxing. As an adult I find it to be a sure fire way to relieve stress.

Over the years I have collected lots and lots of beach glass. I fill a bowl with some and keep it on a coffee table. I have jars filled to the brim, each jar filled with a different color. I put some in a glass and plunk a votive candle in the middle. I have even attempted to make simple jewelry.

More and more home magazines are featuring articles about sea glass collectors and jewelry makers. There are sea glass festivals, books about sea glass, and an official North American Sea Glass Association has been founded.

There are a gazillion web sites about some aspect of sea glass from private jewelry designers to sites on ebay selling sea glass in bulk. There is even fake sea glass, sometimes being sold fraudulently, passing it off as the real thing.

Christmas ornaments can be made from it, mosaics, kitchen and bathroom tiles, and coasters. You can drill holes in it yourself or have a sea glass drilling service drill them for you. Then there are even more things you can do with it.

One day while poking around on the internet I typed in “jewelry made from sea glass”. I wanted to see what was being created by all the different jewelry designers.

That’s when I came across By the Bay Treasures and Charles Peden, jewelry designer and sea glass collector. I was fascinated by his website. He did so many different creative things with glass he collected from the beaches near San Francisco. Here was a guy who was so into it he would rappel down cliffs to reach a secluded beach.

I liked him immediately. On his web site he talked about By the Bay Treasures being a family thing. How he and his wife and two young daughters would all go together in search of sea glass. As a family. It was so normal sounding. They appeared to be a perfectly normal family. An All American family. He was the breadwinner and she was an at home Mom. They had a beautiful seven year old and a brand new infant. Life looked good. Good and normal.

They lived in the historic town of Benicia, CA in a beautiful condo with a view of the water for them and a pool for the kids. So normal. They had lots of friends and had family in nearby Santa Cruz. Life was good. Life was normal.

I read about the sea glass drilling service Charles offered and emailed him asking for more info on the cost and the shipping procedure. Should I send my glass or buy some of his, or could I do both.

And here is when it all stopped making sense. Charles promptly answered my questions and later I came up with more. And he promptly answered those. In my emails I started saying “Say hi to your wife Heidi for me” or “How is Heidi feeling?” or “How many days until the new baby is due?” And within a few months Charles and Heidi and I became friends. Good friends. I am old enough to be their mother and young enough to be their friend. So here is this growing friendship between three people who had never met in person, yet it felt like we had known each other forever.

Then one day Charles emails me and jams a stick in the spokes of our seemingly normal lives. He asks ?Chris……do you believe in Spirits? As in Spirits of people who have died.”

I answered, “Yep, sure do. Why are you asking me this?”

He answered, “Because I think we have one staying with us. Her name is Isabelle and she was born in 1878.”

So much for normal. I said, “Huh?”

He said, “I can feel her. She was murdered and last night I experienced her death.” And he went on filling me in with more details. I was fascinated.

I said, “I had no idea you had this ability!”

He responded, “Neither did I. This just started happening very recently.”

The next day he emailed me and said ?She was here again last night. We took pictures and you can see the orbs. I’ll forward them to you. Tell me what you think.?

And sure enough. I downloaded the file and there were several pictures. Very interesting pictures. One was a picture of Heidi sitting on the couch, staring blankly at either the wall or the TV. She looked like she hadn’t slept in days. To her right, on the arm of the couch was an orb. It was Isabelle and I could see her face in the orb. This was a first for me.

The next picture was another one of Heidi on the couch, staring blankly at the wall/TV. In her lap was little Maya, staring intently at the ceiling. Up around the ceiling were wispy, bright white streams of fuzzy light. A lot of them. Charles had added the note “This is a picture of a psychic hurricane that Isabelle created just to get a rise out of us.”

The next picture was of Charles. He was sitting in a chair with his hands facing up and resting on his knees. He had a very strange expression on his face and it looked like his eyeballs were rolling up in his head. His mouth was hanging half open. He looked screwy. Not normal. Charles added the note: “This is me channeling Isabelle. See the other orbs ? One on the mirror and one right behind me, over my right shoulder.” That’s not normal.

A few days later I received another email. This time he told me there were several Spirits staying with them now. It was getting too “crowded” and Heidi was becoming more and more uneasy and just wanted things to be “normal” again.

Isabelle moved in almost on a full time basis. Charles spent hours researching all the facts Isabelle had “told” him, trying to verify her existence and her story. I had the feeling that he better get that information soon……before Heidi had her bags packed.

Soon he had gathered all the info and it all matched up. What Isabelle had told him could all be verified through Benicia ‘s historical records. All of it. Every single word. This was amazing.

Heidi and Charles continued to have a revolving door filled with various “Spirit Friends” coming and going. Each one telling Charles their bizarre stories.

With every passing day Charles’ psychic and medium abilities grew bigger and better. Almost everyday they would call and tell me all about whatever had occurred the night before. There were some incredible things happening to them and around them and through them……almost around the clock.

Heidi handled it the best she could. Better than I would have handled it. Charles would go out for the day in his Kayak to collect sea glass to make money to keep a roof over their heads. Heidi would stay home to take care of the girls and deal the best she could with spirits who were hanging out at their place. Almost every time Charles would come home he would be accompanied by a few wayward ghosts who had met him while he was at the beach. Often there would be a ghost who needed help in crossing over.

Within days Charles discovered he had the ability to help people cross over to the other side where they belonged.

A week or so later he called to tell me that now when he walks down the street and sees someone he can see their dead relatives hovering around the person and he could tell what the person was experiencing in his job or in his home.

His gift just continued to blossom. Every day there would be some new development. The big one for me was one night Charles called and said my Dad, who had passed on two years ago was at Charles and Heidi’s and wants to talk to me. I never doubted Charles for even a split second. I just went with it. Within 10 seconds my Dad told Charles something that only my Dad and I knew about. I asked Charles to ask my Dad who, if anyone, was with him. Charles said, “He’s with his sister Ellen.” Something else that Charles had no way of knowing about. Since that first connection with my Father, Charles has called me several times to tell me that my Dad was there and needed to talk to me. And sometimes my Dad just shows up at Charles and Heidi’s just to hang out with Charles.

One night Charles and I were on the phone and talking about how incredible this whole thing is and how quickly it is progressing. And how accurate he has been almost 100% of the time. So I asked him to tell me what he sees or feels is going on around me right at that moment. Keep in mind that Charles has never been in my house and we are talking on the phone thousands of miles apart. He started to pick up on my cat and my cat was telling him how he came to us as a stray, where he had come from and who he lived with and why he left and found me. Charles then described what my cat looks like and how old he is and he was 100% accurate.

This was Charles’ first experience communicating with a living animal. A few days later I asked him to tell me everything he sees or feels about one of my dogs. Charles described what the dog looked like, his age and he said the dog was experiencing a problem with his eyes and that it was very painful. Earlier that day I had taken him to the vet and was diagnosed with a degenerative condition in both eyes. He had ulcers on both corneas and the vet said he didn’t know of a more painful condition. Again Charles had hit it right on the head.

Recently I had been considering a change in my career and asked Charles what he saw or felt about it. He said he saw me teaching the class I had hoped to teach and he saw me teaching it in a dance studio. At the time I had not put anything together for the teaching and I didn’t know of anyone who had a connection with a dance studio. A week later I began taking a class with six other women I had never met before. After the class we walked to our cars and I started talking with one of the women from the class. I mentioned that I was hoping to begin teaching a class of my own soon and was looking for a place to hold the class. I said I would let her know when and where it would be held and maybe she would be interested in taking it. She said she had a better idea. She told me she was part owner of a new dance studio and would I consider teaching my class in her dance studio. I said I would love to. To Charles I say thank you…….another job well done.

Chris Graf
Wilmette, IL

Hi Charles,

I just want to let you know you how totally astounded I was when a few nights ago, while we were chatting, you said that something was “coming through.” It’s truly amazing to me, that the soul “who was coming through to you” was and is very dear to us. She left this planet only 2 weeks before. You and I really don’t know each other that well so you know few details about my personal life. Thanks for being the bridge. You have a remarkable gift.


– Hawaii